Better than Dr. Bronner’s?
OK, I know it sounds crazy, but I was recently sent some castile soap from a company that’s new to me, Dr. Jacobs Naturals. And I’ve been blown away! If you’re familiar with natural, toxin-free personal care you’ve probably heard of castile soap. It’s a super versatile, vegan product made in a classic style using vegetable oils as sudsing agents. You can use it for shampoo, body wash, hand wash, general house cleaning, and more.
But the thing about most castile soaps is that they are concentrated, yet liquidy and thin. You have to follow dilution charts to figure out how to use it, and in this busy life who has got time for that?!
That’s why I’m super happy with Dr. Jacobs Naturals. It’s a thicker castile soap (I’m assuming because of the use of shea butter that doesn’t need dilution).
I was sent the bar soap as well as the liquid soap in pump and non-pump formats. I love the pump for convenience. Hand soap, dish soap, or makeup brush cleanser — this bottle is super easy to use!
I also really, really loooooved the castile bar soap. It has staying power thanks to the exclusion of coconut oil in the formula, and the loofah aspect means that I don’t have to worry about using a body scrub and a soap. Saving time and money – woot!
There are only two cons to this product that I can see. As I mention in the video below, I wish there was a little more transparency in terms of fragrance ingredients. The other con is all that plastic. However, I can see that it would be really difficult to ship this product in anything other than plastic. And since my town has a great recycling program and I love that plastic pump, this is something I’m willing to compromise on. Besides, those paper-wrapped bar soaps are nearly zero waste!
Makeup I’m wearing in the vid:
- Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Luminous Foundation in 110
- Zuzu Luxe Concealer in C-10
- Vapour Organic Beauty Multi-use Blush in Cheeky
- W3ll People Bio Brightener Stick
- Kjaer Weis Eyeshadow in Grace
- Han Skin Care Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Chocolate Bronze and Cool Coconut
- Erin’s Faces Fairy Dust (on eyelids)
- Ecobrow Defining Wax in Penelope
- 100% Pure Creamy Long Last Liner in Blackest
- W3ll People Expressionist Mascara in Purple
- 100% Pure Cocoa Butter Semi Matte Lipstick in Pink Canyon
- Axiology Lipstick in Philosophy
- Pacifica 7-Free Nail Polish in Luxe Interiors