As Autumn rolls on, I’ve been playing with deeper, more intense colours. I posted this look on my Instagram feed recently, along with an Instagram live tutorial to go along with it. If you didn’t catch the live feed, don’t fret! I’ve got all the details covered here:
Products Used to Create this Look:
- Zuzu Luxe Concealer in C-10: I used this as a concealer and shadow primer. My current fave concealer, it’s not an exact colour match for my skin tone. But its slight peachiness helps to hide my prominent bluish under eyes. Honestly, it doesn’t matter how much sleep I get – I always look tired!
- Sappho New Paradigm Eye Shadow in Patricia: I tried something different by starting with my lid colour first, using this colour as a base for deeper ones to come!
- Pure Anada Pressed Shadow in Meadow: This rich, demi-matte green was my crease colour, and I blended it away into a nice fade towards my orbital bone.
- Pacifica Solar Complete Color Mineral Palette: I used the dark purple in this palette to add depth to the outer corner of my eyes, but I also used the bronzer as my contour shade and the deep dusty rose for my blush!
- Gia Minerals Loose Eye Shadows in Magenta: I wasn’t totally convinced that my purple lid was colourful enough, so I topped it with this colour. It was perfect since it was so bright and had an iridescence to it.
- Brija Cosmetics Ice Truck Killer Loose Eye Shadow: I used this pretty shade as an eye highlight in my inner corners and under my brow.
- Zuii Organic Flora Liquid Foundation in Beige Light: I love the performance of this medium to full coverage foundation. It doesn’t contain pore clogging coconut oil which is super rare for green beauty yet it’s so, so creamy. The shade is somewhat light for my skin tone and so like most people I have to mix it. Today I mixed it with…
- Zuzu Luxe Oil-Free Liquid Foundation in L-3: This one is too dark for me. However, I do like the formulation (it’s very similar to the Zuii version) and as a colour mix it works perfectly!
- Ilia Polka Dots & Moonbeams Illuminator: I used this cream highlight on the high points of my face before setting with powder. It still showed through, but I did also set it with a powder highlight!
- L’Oreal True Match Mineral Powder in Light Ivory: This one is a project pan for me, as L’Oreal is not cruelty free. However, this particular product does not contain toxins, according to Think Dirty.
- Pure Anada Luminous Eye Shadow in White Diamond: I set my highlight with this loose shadow, but I think next time I’ll keep it to my eyelids because of the texture it brought out on my skin!
- 100% Pure Creamy Long Last Liner in Blackest: This is my go-to pencil liner. It’s a nice, opaque black that’s easy to work with and really does last all day. You can tell how much I love it by how teensy it is!
- Ecobrow Defining Wax in Penelope: I have a couple of brow products I rotate through, and this one is great if I want my brows to really stand out. It’s tough to find a shade like this one, too: a darker brown with cool (ashy) undertones. This one is perfect!
- Physicians Formula Organic Wear Jumbo Lash Mascara: This is a pretty hyped mascara, but I find it’s about the same lengthening and wear time as my 100% Pure Maracuja Oil Mascara. However, it is a lot less expensive!!
- True Glue Lash Adhesive: I’ve been loving a half set of lashes lately as I get used to wearing them on the regular. I don’t do them everyday, but maybe once a week. And this completely toxin free glue has serious staying power and a nice geranium scent as well!
- Zao Lip Pencil in #609: This is a truly nude pencil that creates a mod bombshell look every time. It’s also more on the matte side!
- Zuzu Luxe Lip Liner in Port: A deep (unsurprisingly) wine shade, this pencil is great for shade and contouring lips to give them more dimension.
- Bite Beauty Prismatic Pearl Creme Lip Gloss in Pink Pearl: This lip topper pulled the whole look together with its shifting pink-gold glow that didn’t overwhelm my eye look!
This look is definitely one that can take you from late, cool autumn to an office holiday party. Are you ready for the holiday onslaught? I’m not quite ready yet, but this look is helping to get me there!